What is "this drive"? It's the tendency to not simply accept things as they are but to want to think about them, to understand them... - Aaron Swartz Quotes
Quote:What is "this drive"? It's the tendency to not simply accept things as they are but to want to think about them, to understand them. To not be content to simply feel sad but to ask what sadness means. To not just get a bus pass but to think about the economic reasons getting a bus pass makes sense. I call this tendency the intellectual. - Aaron Swartz Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was watching Revolution, and the things I did in that picture, holy smokes! I can't believe I did that, it's like another person. It's the thought of it, it's just appalling to me. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 5 3 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  When you do these things, you sort of take the journey. The journey is all about how I can interweave the Oscar Wilde story, the story of Salome,... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
  I'm an actor, and everything about me - the way I perceive things, the way I have seen the world - has been in relation to characters and how I would want to play something or not play it. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
  My movies are always being played on television, I'm very well known and all that stuff - I go all over the world, I have access to many things... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
  I understand the directors much more. I was always rebelling against them when I was a youngster, I didn't want to be told what to do. I had no identification. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 4 hours ago