As applied to substance abuse, the cognitive approach helps individuals to come to grips with the problems leading... - Aaron T. Beck Quotes
Quote:As applied to substance abuse, the cognitive approach helps individuals to come to grips with the problems leading to emotional distress and to gain a broader perspective on their reliance on drugs for pleasure and/or relief from discomfort. - Aaron T. Beck Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's an important point, and every little bit helps not least because those who make those kinds of changes are more likely to make their voices heard as citizens. But the ultimate solutions are going to come through policies. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: soni
  In the age of the internet, with all of its problems, over time, the very fact that individuals can join the conversation creates the opportunity for the emergence of - for the re-emergence of a genuine conversation of democracy. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
  I remain optimistic that ultimately free speech and a free press where individuals have access to the dialogue will have a self-correcting quality. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:12 AM
  I have a personal staff that helps me scour the internet and other media for the latest scientific peer-reviewed findings... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-15-2017, 10:23 PM
  We ought to approach this challenge [of global warming] with a sense of profound joy and gratitude: that we are the generation about which... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-15-2017, 09:58 PM