Some authors have conceptualized depression as a "depletion syndrome" because of the prominence of fatigability; they postulate that the patient exhausts... - Aaron T. Beck Quotes
Quote:Some authors have conceptualized depression as a "depletion syndrome" because of the prominence of fatigability; they postulate that the patient exhausts his available energy during the period prior to the onset of the depression and that the depressed state represents a kind of hibernation, during which the patient gradually builds up a new story of energy. - Aaron T. Beck Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems an easy choice - sacrifice the tree for a human life - until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  We're in the money, the skies are sunny; old man depression, you are through, you done us wrong! - Al Dubin Quotes soni 0 9 08-10-2017, 06:40 AM
  The books, the authors who matter the most are those who speak to me and speak for me all those things about life I most need to hear as the confession of myself - Aidan Chambers Quotes soni 0 16 07-11-2017, 11:10 PM
  Authors were shy, unsociable creatures, atoning for their lack of social aptitude by inventing their own companions and conversations. - Agatha Christie Quotes soni 0 47 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM
  I can't imagine why everybody is always so keen for authors to talk about writing. I should have thought it was an author's business to write, not talk. - Agatha Christie Quotes soni 0 69 06-17-2017, 07:49 AM