Women overrate the influence of fine dress and the latest fashions upon gentlemen; and certain it is that the very expensiveness of such attire frightens the beholder from all ideas of matrimony. - Abba Louisa Goold Woolson Quotes
Quote:Women overrate the influence of fine dress and the latest fashions upon gentlemen; and certain it is that the very expensiveness of such attire frightens the beholder from all ideas of matrimony. - Abba Louisa Goold Woolson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most people in politics draw energy from backslapping and shaking hands and all that. I draw energy from discussing ideas. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 6 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  American democracy is in grave danger from the changes in the environment in which ideas either live and spread or wither and die. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:10 AM
  I have a personal staff that helps me scour the internet and other media for the latest scientific peer-reviewed findings... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-15-2017, 10:23 PM
  There was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:09 PM
  The climate crisis requires a bottom-up, grassroots demand for solutions because the elites in many parts of the world are under the influence of old industry. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 07:37 AM