What I am trying to say is that it is not without any value. The value of copies is that they can direct us towards the original... - Abbas Kiarostami Quotes
Quote:What I am trying to say is that it is not without any value. The value of copies is that they can direct us towards the original. I was recently at the Louvre Museum and I was filming people who were viewing the Mona Lisa. I noticed the number of ordinary people, astonished, mouths agape, standing still for long stretches looking at the work, and I wondered, "Where does this come from? Are these people all art connoisseurs?" They are like me; through the years, we've seen this work in our schoolbooks or art history books, but when we stand before the original, we hold our breath. - Abbas Kiarostami Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pride and conceit were the original sins of man. - Alain-Rene Lesage Quotes soni 0 17 09-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: soni
  It's always better to speak the language of the team. Not only for the direct contact with everyone - sometimes it also helps you to understand the mentality of the people in the team a bit better. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 26 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM
  There is a devilishly direct relationship between the significance of an idea and how nervous we become at the prospect of having to think about it. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 10 09-08-2017, 08:28 PM
  I do original songs in the style of other artists, where I try to learn all their musical idiosyncrasies and try to do something that sounds like them and yet is a bit more sick and twisted. - Al Yankovic Quotes soni 0 15 09-01-2017, 06:40 AM
  Once you discover that you can, then you must. And it's not easy. You have to take direct steps. You really have to count your blessings and you have to make a decided effort to not get seduced by the blues. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 7 08-19-2017, 10:58 PM