This was pointed out to me by somebody who referred to the paintings of Rembrandt and his use of light... - Abbas Kiarostami Quotes
Quote:This was pointed out to me by somebody who referred to the paintings of Rembrandt and his use of light: some elements are highlighted while others are obscured or even pushed back into the dark. And it's something that we do - we bring out elements that we want to emphasise. - Abbas Kiarostami Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel like there's too many paintings left unpainted that I just don't want to take the time away. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 17 09-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Last Post: soni
  The darker the subject, the more light you must try to shed on the matter. And vice versa. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 9 09-19-2017, 10:22 PM
  Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while or the light won't come in... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:24 PM
  Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won't come in. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 9 09-16-2017, 07:29 AM
  It is in books, poems, paintings which often give us the confidence to take seriously feelings in ourselves that we might otherwise never have thought to acknowledge. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM