Any gay person understands at some point that he or she has to disappear, to become invisible. That's very difficult... - Abdellah Taia Quotes
Quote:Any gay person understands at some point that he or she has to disappear, to become invisible. That's very difficult. You somehow have to kill yourself. This is asked of people who haven't got the tools to understand that it's all a social construction, and that they shouldn't inferiorize themselves. This is asked of little kids. But I still live in the same outcome. - Abdellah Taia Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That's the way I try to live. I think it's the only way for human beings at this point in our evolution as souls, where everyone in their lifetime is going through stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 8 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Try to distill the character of your subject. Understand how he moves, thinks, acts. It's difficult to put into words... - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:02 AM
  At some point, a false belief collides with physical reality. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:25 PM
  If youre a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-18-2017, 10:11 PM
  The constant drive for campaign dollars has distorted decision-making in Washington, DC, to the point where our systems can no longer effectively address complex, long-term problems like the climate crisis... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-18-2017, 10:07 PM