Being an African filmmaker, Africa is what's important for me. If I were to shot a film in France or elsewhere... - Abderrahmane Sissako Quotes
Quote:Being an African filmmaker, Africa is what's important for me. If I were to shot a film in France or elsewhere it would only be because the story that was being told was something that concerned me, and that really called me or needed to be shown on the screen. - Abderrahmane Sissako Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If, for instance, we'd made the film after the show had been to Broadway, it would have been exactly the same film but we would have been assured that they would have understood it... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 52 09-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: soni
  There is no such thing as a good script, onlya good film, and I'm conscious that my scripts often read better than they play. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:58 PM
  The fact that we die, that makes life important. It's hard to take, but it's the truth. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-21-2017, 11:42 PM
  The difference between film and TV is the pace. You don't have the leisure of time in television. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 18 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
  Ultimately, physical resemblance isn't as important as whether this person can bring this character to life in a way that's compelling and makes me care about what happens to them. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 22 09-20-2017, 07:21 PM