I'm the only Mauritanian filmmaker so it wouldn't make sense to make a film in France. I could shoot outside of my own country... - Abderrahmane Sissako Quotes
Quote:I'm the only Mauritanian filmmaker so it wouldn't make sense to make a film in France. I could shoot outside of my own country if the story was something that called for it. Africa really has to be the reason for me to make a new film. - Abderrahmane Sissako Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If, for instance, we'd made the film after the show had been to Broadway, it would have been exactly the same film but we would have been assured that they would have understood it... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 55 09-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: soni
  If they'd been working with Alec Guinness, for instance, they wouldn't have known they were born if they'd not towed the line! - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 29 09-23-2017, 07:03 PM
  It [Cambridge] wasn't a holy grail in the sense that I'd never been to Cambridge. But then, when I did go, the contrast between Leeds... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 35 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
  There is no such thing as a good script, onlya good film, and I'm conscious that my scripts often read better than they play. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:58 PM
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM