If we cling to the institution of Islam, then we tend to defend it against whatever we see as a danger to it,... - Abdurrahman Wahid Quotes
Quote:If we cling to the institution of Islam, then we tend to defend it against whatever we see as a danger to it, so because of this we see now that many people are defending states, defending territories, defending everything institutional in the belief that they defend Islam. - Abdurrahman Wahid Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As a culture, we are not comfortable with mortality. We do not accept it the way other cultures do. We cling to youth, and we don't want to die. It's like, 'Well, too bad, we do.' - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: soni
  Test pilots have a litmus test for evaluating problems. When something goes wrong, they ask, "Is this thing still flying?" If the answer is yes, then there's no immediate danger, no need to overreact. - Alan Bean Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:37 PM
  I tend to curse in French more often than I do in English. - Alaina Huffman Quotes soni 0 14 09-15-2017, 10:27 AM
  With buildering, I get to keep that element of danger. Plus, I very much like the feeling of height, and buildings have even more of a feeling of height than rock faces. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 17 09-14-2017, 12:49 PM
  Architects themselves tend to shy away from the word, preferring instead to talk about the manipulation of space. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 18 09-13-2017, 09:59 AM