By striving so mightily to accomplish specific goals on behalf of one segment of humanity, she [Toni Morrison] went beyond them... - Aberjhani Quotes
Quote:By striving so mightily to accomplish specific goals on behalf of one segment of humanity, she [Toni Morrison] went beyond them to create literary wonders capable of enriching the lives of not just her own people, but of all people. - Aberjhani Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our father the novelist; my husband the poet. He belongs to the ages - just don't catch him at breakfast. Artists, celebrated for their humanity, they turn out to be scarcely human at all. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Last Post: soni
  We were put to Dickens as children but it never quite took. That unremitting humanity soon had me cheesed off. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM
  Above literature?' said the Queen. 'Who is above literature? You might as well say one was above humanity. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:16 AM
  In 2003, I almost died of an intestinal blockage when I was on a mountain in Chile, filming a segment for 'Scientific American Frontiers.' - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 13 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM
  When a planner speaks of implementing goals rationally, he implies that it is possible to demonstrate logically and experimentally the relationship between the proposed means and the ends they are intended to further. - Alan A. Altshuler Quotes soni 0 8 09-15-2017, 10:30 AM