When I was young I thought of friendship as a matter of total loyalty and unchanging preference and I was often disappointed... - Abigail McCarthy Quotes
Quote:When I was young I thought of friendship as a matter of total loyalty and unchanging preference and I was often disappointed. But as an adult I had come to see that it was more the refraction of some total faithfulness and joy of which we all had some primordial notion. The exchange of trust and the experience of understanding between two people was like a sign or witness to the possibilitity of eternal caring and understanding and communication. - Abigail McCarthy Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It bothers me that the average fan, the average sportswriter for that matter, pays so much attention to what's in a box score... - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 1 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Rock n roll is for the young idiots, not an old fart like me. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 09:01 AM
  I never know what to tell young people when they come here. It could never happen for anyone they way it happened for me. It was all an accident. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 07:05 AM
  If youre a young person looking at the future of this planet and looking at what is being done right now, and not done... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 08-18-2017, 10:11 PM
  No matter how hard the loss, defeat might serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:34 PM