And while one is brought up with luxury and caresses, and is thrown bewildered and despairing into a dark pit... - Abolqasem Ferdowsi Quotes
Quote:And while one is brought up with luxury and caresses, and is thrown bewildered and despairing into a dark pit, another is lifted from the pit and raised to a throne where a jeweled crown is placed on his head. The world has no shame in doing this; it is prompt to hand out both pleasure and pain and has no need of us an our doings. - Abolqasem Ferdowsi Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ... Once I start a book I finish it. That was the way one was brought up. Books, bread and butter, mashed potato - one finishes what's on one's plate. That's always been my philosophy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: soni
  I was brought up as a Catholic, and I'm no longer a Catholic. I don't talk about my beliefs too much in public probably because I feel very strongly that it's something personal - more than personal, it's private. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-17-2017, 11:26 PM
  Musicals are hard for me because I got thrown out of the glee club in high school, because I couldn't sing in tune at the time... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:24 PM
  We brought him [Raffi Torres] in because he was an emotional, physical player. He's had nothing but a great attitude and a great work ethic with us all year long... - Alain Vigneault Quotes soni 0 21 09-14-2017, 12:52 PM
  The materialistic view of happiness of our age starkly revealed in our understanding of the word "luxury. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 11 09-09-2017, 10:54 AM