The young women of today, free to study, to speak, to write, to choose their occupation, should remember that every inch of this freedom... - Abigail Scott Duniway Quotes
Quote:The young women of today, free to study, to speak, to write, to choose their occupation, should remember that every inch of this freedom was bought for them at a great price. It is for them to show their gratitude by helping onward the reforms of their own times, by spreading the light of freedom and of truth still wider. The debt that each generation owes to the past it must pay to the future. - Abigail Scott Duniway Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I strongly believe in the separation of church and state. But freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion, there is a better way. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 0 6 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  Clouds of a different sort signal an environmental holocaust without precedent. Once again, world leaders waffle, hoping the danger will dissipate. Yet today the evidence is as clear as the sounds of glass shattering in Berlin. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 25 minutes ago
  Many of the green places and open spaces that need protecting most today are in our own neighborhoods... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 30 minutes ago
  Political will is a renewable resource, and everyone can have it in abundance if they so choose. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 46 minutes ago
  I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago