Then, there's the modern mother-in-law. In her mid 40s, she is the compact car of her breed: efficient, trim, attractive... - Abigail Van Buren Quotes
Quote:Then, there's the modern mother-in-law. In her mid 40s, she is the compact car of her breed: efficient, trim, attractive and in harmony with her times. She's pretty stiff competition for the plain young matron who's overweight and under-financed. If there is going to be friction in this relationship, it could start from envy and resentment in the younger woman. But Father Time is on her side, even if Mother Nature played her a dirty trick - Abigail Van Buren Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  There's very little in the substance of [THE LADY IN THE VAN] which is not fact though some adjustments have had to be made... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM
  You always know when you're going to arrive. If you go by car, you don't. Apart from anything else, I prefer cycling. It puts you in a good mood, I find. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM
  I was a child, and my mother was psychotic. She loved me, but I didn't really feel I had a mother... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:17 PM
  My mother didn't try to stab my father until I was six, but she must have shown signs of oddness before that. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 17 09-16-2017, 07:51 AM