A patriot without religion in my estimation is as great a paradox as an honest Man without the fear of God. Is it possible that he whom no moral obligations bind, can have any real Good Will towards Men? - Abigail Adams Quotes
Quote:A patriot without religion in my estimation is as great a paradox as an honest Man without the fear of God. Is it possible that he whom no moral obligations bind, can have any real Good Will towards Men? - Abigail Adams Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There is no such thing as a good script, onlya good film, and I'm conscious that my scripts often read better than they play. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: soni
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
  Schweitzer in the Congo did not derive more moral credit than Larkin did for living in Hull. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
  But most men regard their life as a poem that women threaten. They may not have two spondees to rub together but they still want to pen their saga untrammelled... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:52 PM
  No mention of God. They keep Him up their sleeves for as long as they can, vicars do. They know it puts people off. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:50 PM