To say this sacred prayer [the Kaddish, prayer for the dead] for a Gentile is a most uncommon proceeding, but so unanimous and ardent... - Abraham Cahan Quotes
Quote:To say this sacred prayer [the Kaddish, prayer for the dead] for a Gentile is a most uncommon proceeding, but so unanimous and ardent is the feeling of the people of the New York ghetto in the present instance that Pres. William McKinley is spoken of in that quarter as "the loving brother of all of us," as one who "died a martyr to the freedom of Jew and Gentile. - Abraham Cahan Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 08-16-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: soni
  Hallucination is a raw climb to a dead end. - Akiane Kramarik Quotes soni 0 12 08-04-2017, 04:38 PM
  Suttas are not meant to be 'sacred scriptures' that tell us what to believe. One should read them, listen to them, think about them... - Ajahn Sumedho Quotes soni 0 9 07-31-2017, 03:39 PM
  Mindfulness is life. Whenever we don’t have mindfulness, when we are heedless, it’s as if we are dead. - Ajahn Chah Quotes soni 0 8 07-31-2017, 07:20 AM
  I like to be nice. I want to be a hero. I want to save people. Or just kill zombies, because they deserve it, because they're already dead and they can't feel it. They don't have feelings. - Aisha Tyler Quotes soni 0 10 07-28-2017, 10:03 PM