Water and air He for the Tenor chose, Earth made the Base, the Treble Fame arose, To th' active Moon a quick brisk stroke he gave... - Abraham Cowley Quotes
Quote:Water and air He for the Tenor chose,
Earth made the Base, the Treble Fame arose,
To th' active Moon a quick brisk stroke he gave,
To Saturn's string a touch more sore and grave.
The motions strait, and round, and swift, and slow,
And short and long, were mixt and woven so,
Did in such artful Figures smoothly fall,
As made this decent measur'd dance of all.
And this is Musick. - Abraham Cowley Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The center of the earth is about a million degrees. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The global warming deniers persist in this air of unreality. After all, the entire north polar icecap, which has been there for most... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 7 hours ago
  The task of saving the earth's environment must and will become the central organizing principle of the post-Cold War world. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 7 hours ago
  A lot in the faith-based community, a lot of fundamentalist groups are - are now saying, you know, the Earth is the lord and the fullness there of, and we have an obligation to be good stewards of the planet. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 7 hours ago
  I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, 'Hey man, we don't go for that anymore.' - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 7 hours ago