Further, the same Arguments which explode the Notion of Luck, may, on the other side, be useful in some Cases to establish... - Abraham de Moivre Quotes
Quote:Further, the same Arguments which explode the Notion of Luck, may, on the other side, be useful in some Cases to establish a due comparison between Chance and Design: We may imagine Chance and Design to be, as it were, in Competition with each other, for the production of some sorts of Events, and many calculate what Probability there is, that those Events should be rather be owing to the one than to the other. - Abraham de Moivre Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feb. 9, 1999 Dear Friend, Without your previous support, Bill Clinton and I would not have won our victories for the American people in 1992 and 1996. ... And to win in 2000, I need you by my side. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 11 08-17-2017, 07:12 AM
Last Post: soni
  As many know, the Chinese expression for "crisis" consists of two characters side by side. The first is the symbol for "danger," the second the symbol for "opportunity." - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM
  ...it ought to be possible to establish a coordinated global program to accomplish the strategic goal of completely eliminating the internal combustion engine over, say, a twenty-five-year period. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 14 08-13-2017, 04:31 PM
  When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 13 08-13-2017, 04:22 PM
  When a company is able to establish a dominant market position, consumers lose meaningful choices... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 11 08-10-2017, 07:40 PM