The difference between a gourmet and a gourmand we take to be this: a gourmet is he who selects, for his nice and learned delectation... - Abraham Hayward Quotes
Quote:The difference between a gourmet and a gourmand we take to be this: a gourmet is he who selects, for his nice and learned delectation, the most choice delicacies, prepared in the most scientific manner; whereas the gourmand bears a closer analogy to that class of great eaters ill-naturedly (we dare say) denominated, or classed with, aldermen. - Abraham Hayward Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When it comes to climate, we can all make a big difference. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 15 08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Last Post: soni
  Minnesotans know the difference between the job of satirist and the job of senator. And so do I. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 9 08-11-2017, 10:24 PM
  I am a Minnesotan, and not just because I root for the Vikings and the Twins. I like the Minnesota-nice sensibility. I like the liberal tradition; I like the Hubert Humphrey tradition fighting for civil rights. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 12 08-11-2017, 10:19 PM
  Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM
  The secret of how to live without resentment or embarrassment in a world in which I was different from everyone else. was to be indifferent to that difference. - Al Capp Quotes soni 0 8 08-09-2017, 04:21 PM