It was, however, resolved that 'we use our private influence at present to prevent our brethren from going into court and promising... - Abraham H. Cannon Quotes
Quote:It was, however, resolved that 'we use our private influence at present to prevent our brethren from going into court and promising to obey the law; and as soon as possible we take steps to get some flavors from the government for those who already have more wives than one.' - Abraham H. Cannon Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I support public and private partnerships whenever appropriate in order to achieve our goal of a prosperous and vibrant downtown. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 8 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: soni
  I was brought up as a Catholic, and I'm no longer a Catholic. I don't talk about my beliefs too much in public probably because I feel very strongly that it's something personal - more than personal, it's private. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:26 PM
  I'm in the real world, some people try to steal from me, and I stop them, frequently, take them to court. I love a good lawsuit. It's fun. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 12 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM
  Our minds are susceptible to the influence of external voices telling us what we require to be satisfied... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-11-2017, 10:07 PM
  The inability to live in the present lies in the fear of leaving the sheltered position of anticipation or memory, and so of admitting that this is the only life that one is ever likely (heavenly intervention aside) to live. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-09-2017, 11:03 AM