Curiosity, which may or may not eventuate in something useful, is probably the most outstanding characteristic of modern thinking ... - Abraham Flexner Quotes
Quote:Curiosity, which may or may not eventuate in something useful, is probably the most outstanding characteristic of modern thinking ... Institutions of learning should be devoted to the cultivation of curiosity, and the less they are deflected by the consideration of immediacy of application, the more likely they are to contribute not only to human welfare, but to the equally important satisfaction of intellectual interest, which may indeed be said to have become the ruling passion of intellectual life in modern times. - Abraham Flexner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future generations may well have occasion to ask themselves, "What were our parents thinking? Why didn't they wake up when they had a chance?" We have to hear that question from them, now. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 15 08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Last Post: soni
  The only way marriage can work is if a man respects the woman and she is a thinking woman and he wants to work on the marriage. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 9 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
  Watch and enjoy Mixed Martial Arts, and if some people are thinking about doing it, they must be very careful... - Akshay Kumar Quotes soni 0 5 08-08-2017, 07:10 AM
  I like silent pictures and I always have ... I wanted to restore some of this beauty. I thought of it, I remember in this way: one of techniques of modern art is simplification, and that I must therefore simplify this film. - Akira Kurosawa Quotes soni 0 15 08-05-2017, 09:49 PM
  My chief job is to constantly stir or rekindle the curiosity of people that gets driven out by bureaucracy and formal schooling systems. - Akio Morita Quotes soni 0 10 08-05-2017, 06:18 AM