At no period of [Michael Faraday's] unmatched career was he interested in utility. He was absorbed in disentangling the riddles of the universe... - Abraham Flexner Quotes
Quote:At no period of [Michael Faraday's] unmatched career was he interested in utility. He was absorbed in disentangling the riddles of the universe, at first chemical riddles, in later periods, physical riddles. As far as he cared, the question of utility was never raised. Any suspicion of utility would have restricted his restless curiosity. In the end, utility resulted, but it was never a criterion to which his ceaseless experimentation could be subjected. - Abraham Flexner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't discuss basketball. I dictate basketball. I'm not interested in philosophy classes. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 08-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: soni
  This rock thing got in the way of my teaching career. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 11 08-20-2017, 09:02 AM
  Al and Tommy and I sharing the biggest laugh because it was predicted by everything we did in the first three or four records in my career. It was predicted in the grooves that we would be here sometime later on down the road. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:16 PM
  I really do see it as the start of the second half of my career. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:16 PM
  You always feel the drawing you are working on is the best you've ever done... I am only interested in the present. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 10 08-19-2017, 07:11 AM