The new naval treaty permits the United States to spend a billion dollars on warships-a sum greater than has been accumulated by... - Abraham Flexner Quotes
Quote:The new naval treaty permits the United States to spend a billion dollars on warships-a sum greater than has been accumulated by all our endowed institutions of learning in their entire history. Unintelligence could go no further! ... In Great Britain, the situation is similar. ... Until the figures are reversed, ... nations deceive themselves as to what they care about most. - Abraham Flexner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What I'm above all primarily concerned with is the substance of life, the pith of reality. If I had to sum up my work, I suppose that's it really: I'm taking the pith out of reality. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 13 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Last Post: soni
  No matter how much time you spend reading books or following your intuition, you're gonna screw it up. Fifty times. You can't do parenting right. - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 23 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM
  Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it... - Alan Armstrong Quotes soni 0 16 09-15-2017, 10:38 AM
  It is not just nature that defies us. Human life is as overwhelming... If we spend time in it [the vast spaces of nature], they may help us to accept more graciously the great... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-12-2017, 11:36 PM
  It seems, in fact, that the more advanced a society is, the greater will be its interest in ruined things, for it will see in them a redemptively... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-11-2017, 10:00 PM