As civilization advances, the sense of wonder declines. Such decline is an alarming symptom of our state of mind. Mankind will not perish for want of information; but only for want of appreciation. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:As civilization advances, the sense of wonder declines. Such decline is an alarming symptom of our state of mind. Mankind will not perish for want of information; but only for want of appreciation. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It [Cambridge] wasn't a holy grail in the sense that I'd never been to Cambridge. But then, when I did go, the contrast between Leeds... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 32 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  It's the one species I wouldn't mind seeing vanish from the face of the earth. I wish they were like the White Rhinosix of them left in the Serengeti National Park, and all males. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:26 PM
  I write plays about things that I can't resolve in my mind. I try to root things out. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  One recipe for happiness is to have to sense of entitlement.' To this she added a star and noted at the bottom of the page: 'This is not a lesson I have ever been in a position to learn. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 7 09-23-2017, 05:59 PM
  My experience came before most of you were born. My school was a state school in Leeds and the headmaster usually sent students... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM