When religion speaks only in the name of authority rather than with the voice of compassion, its message becomes meaningless. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:When religion speaks only in the name of authority rather than with the voice of compassion, its message becomes meaningless. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things inspiring me - good melody, a great bass line, a fabulous voice... by which I mean someone who sounds great, rather than does pyrotechnics... and people playing really musically. Music is endlessly fascinating. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:03 AM
Last Post: soni
  To sing the ballad with a knowingness about what you are talking about. If it's somebody else's lyric, and the message is a little unusual for you, it requires that you learn that new message. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 3 08-19-2017, 11:06 PM
  The music is the message, the message is the music. So that's my little ministry that the Big Man upstairs gave to me - a little ministry called love and happiness. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 7 08-19-2017, 06:49 AM
  No controlling legal authority - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 10:12 PM
  Politics has become a game of meaningless, mindless battles, conducted by unscrupulous methods and people, designed to transform even the most serious policy debates into sport. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM