God is not a hypothesis derived from logical assumptions, but an immediate insight, self-evident as light. He is not something to be sought in the darkness with the light of reason. He is the light. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:God is not a hypothesis derived from logical assumptions, but an immediate insight, self-evident as light. He is not something to be sought in the darkness with the light of reason. He is the light. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every day is Thanksgiving.On this stage you're going to hear God and none of them other words, and I ain't going to touch my stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 6 6 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Let that get you up in the morning and put the light in your eyes. I'm telling you, it makes you a better husband, mother, father, neighbor, citizen... - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 5 6 hours ago
  I don't know where we got the notion that God wants us to suffer. Every living thing tends toward the good or we would have been gone a long time ago. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 6 hours ago
  Trials can be hard, if you don't know God. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 06:54 AM
  I just think that a much more important part of the problem we face, which was evident 10 years ago and is even more evident now... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:25 PM