The time for the kingdom may be far off, but the task is plain: to retain our share in God in spite of peril and contempt... - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:The time for the kingdom may be far off, but the task is plain: to retain our share in God in spite of peril and contempt. There is a war to wage against the vulgar, the glorification of the absurd, a war that is incessant, universal. Loyal to the presence of the ultimate in the common, we may be able to make it clear that man is more than man, that in doing the finite he may perceive the infinite. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trials can be hard, if you don't know God. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 18 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  The climate, financial and national security crises are all connected. They share the same cause: Our [the USA's] absurd dependency on foreign oil... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 8 hours ago
  When you talk about President Trump, the cable networks turned over so many hours of prime time to him. Why? Because he was entertaining, but also because it drove ratings... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 8 hours ago
  The task of saving the earth's environment must and will become the central organizing principle of the post-Cold War world. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 9 hours ago
  I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, 'Hey man, we don't go for that anymore.' - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 9 hours ago