The riches of the soul are stored up in its memory. this is the test of character, not whether a man follows the daily fashion, but whether the past is alive in his present. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:The riches of the soul are stored up in its memory. this is the test of character, not whether a man follows the daily fashion, but whether the past is alive in his present. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Competition in its best form is a test of self. It has nothing to do with medals. The winner is the person who gets the most out of themselves. - Al Oerter Quotes soni 0 5 10 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  When the voices of democracy are silenced, freedom becomes a hollow concept. No man or woman should be sentenced to the shadows of silence for something he or she has said or written. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 5 10 hours ago
  I have an old brain but a terrific memory. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 08:15 AM
  I don't believe in looking past anybody - I wouldn't look past the Little Sisters of the Poor after they stayed up all night. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 13 08-20-2017, 06:49 PM
  Obviously given good health, and a continuing audience and a record company that allows me to do music. So given those things yes, I'm introducing some new music that people haven't really heard me do in quite this fashion. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 15 08-19-2017, 11:17 PM