Human being is both being in the world and living in the world. Living involves responsible understanding of one's role in relation to all other beings... - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes
Quote:Human being is both being in the world and living in the world. Living involves responsible understanding of one's role in relation to all other beings. For living is not being in itself, but living of the world, affecting, exploiting, consuming, comprehending, deriving, depriving. - Abraham Joshua Heschel Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm an actor, and everything about me - the way I perceive things, the way I have seen the world - has been in relation to characters and how I would want to play something or not play it. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 1 28 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  My movies are always being played on television, I'm very well known and all that stuff - I go all over the world, I have access to many things... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 30 minutes ago
  [Salomaybe] is my presentation, my vision of the world. Not so much to satisfy the audience at large. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 31 minutes ago
  Acting is hard work. At times, it's very energizing and enervating. It's childish. It's also responsible. It's illuminating, enriching, joyful, drab. It's bizarre, diabolical. It's exciting. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 40 minutes ago
  I don't think actors should ever expect to get a role, because the disappointment is too great. You've got to think of things as an opportunity. An audition's an opportunity to have an audience. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 07:12 AM