... we have gratefully to receive from the hand of God the institution of the state with its magistrates as a means of preservation... - Abraham Kuyper Quotes
Quote:... we have gratefully to receive from the hand of God the institution of the state with its magistrates as a means of preservation.... On the other hand ... by virtue of our natural impulse, we must ever watch against the danger which lurks for our personal liberty in the power of the state. - Abraham Kuyper Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God didn't miss any of us. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Last Post: soni
  It's a coup by the GOP to grab the governorship to California to make this place a safe haven for George W. Bush in 2004. It's incredible when you think about it. The recall cost the state $100 million - Al Jardine Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 08:40 AM
  Every day is Thanksgiving.On this stage you're going to hear God and none of them other words, and I ain't going to touch my stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 9 08-19-2017, 11:16 PM
  I don't know where we got the notion that God wants us to suffer. Every living thing tends toward the good or we would have been gone a long time ago. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 4 08-19-2017, 11:04 PM
  Trials can be hard, if you don't know God. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 10 08-19-2017, 06:54 AM