We understand hereby, that the family, the business, science, art and so forth are all social spheres, which do not owe their existence to the State... - Abraham Kuyper Quotes
Quote:We understand hereby, that the family, the business, science, art and so forth are all social spheres, which do not owe their existence to the State, but obey a high authority within their own bosom; an authority which rules, by the grace of God, just as the sovereignty of the State does. - Abraham Kuyper Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The message from Wal-Mart today to the rest of the business community is there need not be any conflict between the environment... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 08:07 AM
Last Post: soni
  I drive a hybrid. Tipper and I got a Lexus hybrid. And we have a couple of Priuses in the family with our children. And I encourage people to make environmentally conscious choices because we all have to solve this climate crisis. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 08:06 AM
  America's political system has evolved over the last 50 years in ways that have enhanced the power of business lobbies. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Today, 07:32 AM
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
  Science is warning us that if we do not quickly reduce the global warming pollution that is trapping so much of the heat... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:17 PM