The motive of art comes to us not from what exists, but from the notion that there is something higher, something nobler, something richer, and that what exists corresponds only partially to all of this. - Abraham Kuyper Quotes
Quote:The motive of art comes to us not from what exists, but from the notion that there is something higher, something nobler, something richer, and that what exists corresponds only partially to all of this. - Abraham Kuyper Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I had no idea of who could play it, no notion really. Then Richard came to see us but I don't think it was decided at that meeting... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: soni
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  I always choose to look, as much as one can, at the supernatural not being something that exists outside of nature, but a deeper, fundamental heart of nature that perhaps humans have lost touch with... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 14 09-21-2017, 11:37 PM
  Beauty is in the strangest places. A piece of garbage floating in the wind. And that beauty exists in America. It exists everywhere. You have to develop an eye for it and be able to see it. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 13 09-20-2017, 07:14 PM
  The notion that the church, the press, and the universities should serve the state is essentially a Communist notion. In a free society these institutions must be wholly free ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM