Unchecked, the dominating influences of money and of barren intellectualism would reduce the life of emotions to freezing point... - Abraham Kuyper Quotes
Quote:Unchecked, the dominating influences of money and of barren intellectualism would reduce the life of emotions to freezing point. And, unable to grasp the holier benefits of religion, the mysticism of the heart reacts in the art-intoxication. .... In this cold, irreligious and practical age the warmth of this devotion to art has kept alive many higher aspirations of our soul, which otherwise might readily have died, as they did in the middle of the last century. - Abraham Kuyper Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The reasons you have for doing a movie will vary with the way your life is going. There was a time when a made a some movies because... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 09:48 AM
Last Post: soni
  Opinions I have about anything are in my personal life. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 09:41 AM
  I wanted to be a baseball player, naturally, but I wasn't good enough. I didn't know what I was going to do with my life. I just had a kind of energy, I was a fairly happy kid. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
  When I was doing 'Scarface,' I remember being in love at that time. One of the few times in my life. And I was so glad it was at that time... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 09:36 AM
  I'm not a violent person, never was, but I have this temperament that I've always displayed. I guess it has to do with my tradition and being Italian, we're very outgoing with our emotions. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 07:16 AM