If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. It is true that you may fool all of the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all of the time; but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. -Speech at Clinton, Illinois, September 8, 1854. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cats names are more for human benefit. They give one a certain degree more confidence that the animal belongs to you. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Last Post: soni
  When I studied how to think in school, I was taught that the first rule of logic was that a thing cannot both be and not be at the same time and in the same respect... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM
  Soloing is the most beautiful way of climbing; no material constrains, just you and the rock, the sun, nature; a kind of school for courage, willpower and self-confidence. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 17 09-14-2017, 12:47 PM
  I was very interested in that. It is very important to have confidence as well as to build up experience. - Alain Prost Quotes soni 0 19 09-13-2017, 09:52 PM
  It is in books, poems, paintings which often give us the confidence to take seriously feelings in ourselves that we might otherwise never have thought to acknowledge. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM