No State, upon it own mere motion, can lawfully get out of the Union. Resolves and ordinances to that effect are legally nothing... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:No State, upon it own mere motion, can lawfully get out of the Union. Resolves and ordinances to that effect are legally nothing. I therefore consider that the Union is unbroken. There needs to be no bloodshed or violence; and there shall be none, unless forced upon the national authority. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My experience came before most of you were born. My school was a state school in Leeds and the headmaster usually sent students... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: soni
  I'm at the point in my life where I don't want to work as hard. Actually, I've had to take a good hard look at workaholism and it's effect on one's mental health. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM
  The notion that the church, the press, and the universities should serve the state is essentially a Communist notion. In a free society these institutions must be wholly free ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 15 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM
  I dont see we can have a separation of church and state in this government if you have to pass a religious test to get in this government... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 21 09-16-2017, 07:50 AM
  For a while in my teens, I was sure I had it. It was about getting to heaven. If heaven existed and lasted forever, then a mere lifetime spent... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 11 09-16-2017, 07:42 AM