A house divided against itself cannot stand." I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:A house divided against itself cannot stand." I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved — I do not expect the house to fall — but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I remain optimistic that ultimately free speech and a free press where individuals have access to the dialogue will have a self-correcting quality. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 08:12 AM
Last Post: soni
  The wind and the sun are free. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 08:12 AM
  Consider a clock thermostat, and set it so that you're not using energy when you don't need it, when you're out of your house. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Today, 07:20 AM
  For a free country to continue thriving, there have to be regular reforms, because any society, any economy that stays in place,... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:53 PM
  A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:35 PM