I certainly know that if the war fails, the administration fails, and that I will be blamed for it, whether I deserve it or not... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I certainly know that if the war fails, the administration fails, and that I will be blamed for it, whether I deserve it or not. And I ought to be blamed, if I could do better. You think I could do better; therefore you blame me already. I think I could not do better; therefore I blame you for blaming me. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have never understood disliking for war. It panders to instincts already catered for within the scope of any respectable domestic establishment. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: soni
  Why do we not care to acknowledge them? The cattle, the body count. We still don't like to admit the war was even partly... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  War is war and Hell is hell, and if you ask me, War is a lot worse. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 21 09-16-2017, 07:47 AM
  The desire for high status is never stronger than in situations where "ordinary" life fails to answer a median need for dignity and comfort. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-11-2017, 09:59 PM
  We feel something, and reach out for the nearest phrase or hum with which to communicate, but which fails to do justice to what has induced us to do so... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-11-2017, 07:28 AM