Neither let us be slandered from our duty by false accusations against us, nor frightened from it by menaces of destruction ... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Neither let us be slandered from our duty by false accusations against us, nor frightened from it by menaces of destruction ... nor of dungeons to ourselves. Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One reads for pleasure...it is not a public duty. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 23 09-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: soni
  I am so spoiled. I cannot watch a show where it gets interrupted for ads. I have to TiVo it and skip through the ads, because the culture of advertising is so false and phony that I just... ugh, you know? - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 12 09-21-2017, 11:36 PM
  The problem with clichés is not that they contain false ideas, but rather that they are superficial articulations of very good ones... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-11-2017, 07:27 AM
  We should not be frightened by appearances. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 11 09-10-2017, 09:44 AM
  Paying tax should be framed as a glorious civic duty worthy of gratitude - not a punishment for making money. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-08-2017, 08:41 PM