At the beginning of the war, and for some time, the use of colored troops was not contemplated; and how the change of purpose was wrought... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:At the beginning of the war, and for some time, the use of colored troops was not contemplated; and how the change of purpose was wrought, I will not now take time to explain. Upon a clear conviction of duty I resolved to turn that element of strength to account; and I am responsible for it to the American people, to the christian world, to history, and on my final account to God. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We all know the leopard can't change his stripes. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 4 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I believe that the purpose of life is to glorify God. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 4 hours ago
  We now face the prospect of a kind of global civil war between those who refuse to consider the consequences of civilization's relentless... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  I don't have the illusion that there's any position or role in the world with as much potential for bringing about change as that of president of the United States. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  (George Bush) betrayed this country! He played on our fears. He took America on an ill-conceived foreign adventure dangerous to our troops, an adventure preordained and planned before 9/11 ever took place! - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:28 PM