I am for liberty of conscience in its noblest, broadest, and highest sense. But I cannot give liberty of conscience to the pope... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I am for liberty of conscience in its noblest, broadest, and highest sense. But I cannot give liberty of conscience to the pope and his followers, the papists, so long as they tell me, through all their councils, theologians, and canon laws that their conscience orders them to burn my wife, strangle my children, and cut my throat when they find their opportunity. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When you perform with a live audience, the audience comes back to you, so that you and the audience are giving to each other, in a sense. It's an extraordinary thing. It's wild turf up there. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Today, 07:04 AM
Last Post: soni
  There is only one way of surviving all the early heartbreaks in this business. You must have a sense of humor... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
  Do what you love to do and give it your very best. Whether it's business or baseball, or the theater, or any field. If you don't love what you're doing and you can't give it your best, get out of it... - Al Lopez Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 08:23 AM
  Understood what the struggle was about. My mother. Couldn't read or write, but she had more sense than many a graduate from Harvard. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 08:20 AM
  I'm an Einstein of the streets and an Oxford scholar of common sense. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 9 08-20-2017, 06:43 PM