If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves,... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would do that. I have here stated my purpose according to my official duty, and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men, everywhere, could be free. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A lot of times, the choice of the right song will save a scene. Or there will be a scene that's a little flat and you put in the right song and somehow it just comes alive. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Last Post: soni
  I am according to my slave's expectations of me: if good, then good, and if bad, then bad. - Alaa Al Aswany Quotes soni 0 6 09-05-2017, 09:51 PM
  The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad. - Al-Tabarani Quotes soni 0 10 09-04-2017, 12:53 PM
  Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves. - Al-Ghazali Quotes soni 0 8 09-01-2017, 05:41 PM
  It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule... - Al Sharpton Quotes soni 0 10 08-28-2017, 10:11 PM