My friends I now leave, not knowing when, or whether ever, I may return, with a task before me greater than... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:My friends I now leave, not knowing when, or whether ever, I may return, with a task before me greater than that which rested upon Washington. Without the assistance of that Divine Being, who ever attended him, I cannot succeed. With that assistance, I cannot fail. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those who have known the famous are publicly debriefed of their memories, knowing as their own dusk falls that they will only be remembered for remembering someone else. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: soni
  We need innovation in education and dedication to the task before us. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 7 09-19-2017, 10:08 PM
  Jean Paul Sartre says in "No Exit" that hell is other people. Well, our task in life is to make it heaven. Or at least earth. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:31 PM
  What then are doing if not creating a better place together? I think, for me the key has to be, what do I want to create? What is it I want to leave behind? - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 10 09-18-2017, 09:25 PM
  You can't get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you're doing. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:22 PM