I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I claim not to have controlled events, but confess plainly that events have controlled me. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authorities arrest me, release me, and then invite me back to host public events. I think it's interesting. - Alain Robert Quotes soni 0 14 09-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: soni
  Our greatest furies spring from events which violate our sense of the ground of our existence. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-10-2017, 09:51 AM
  Don't despair: despair suggests you are in total control and know what is coming. You don't - surrender to events with hope. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 15 09-06-2017, 05:39 PM
  It looks like it’s wasting time, but literature is actually the ultimate time-saver - because it gives us access to a range of emotions and events that it would take you years, decades, millennia to try to experience... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 16 09-06-2017, 05:19 PM
  Early on in my life I comprehended that death is the most tragic event in our life. Events of early Monday July 14, 1958 [Coup in Iraq] had convinced me that hate is the most destructive force in our life. - Ala Bashir Quotes soni 0 13 09-05-2017, 09:46 PM