I believe, if we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:I believe, if we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall into this vice. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 26 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Last Post: soni
  Salad, I can't bear salad. It grows while you're eating it, you know. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 17 09-19-2017, 10:30 PM
  Hollywood is a strange place. The class structure here is more rigid than almost anyplace I've ever experienced... - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 15 09-15-2017, 10:49 AM
  In a correction, other people's stocks go down, in a bear market, your stocks go down. - Alan Abelson Quotes soni 0 12 09-15-2017, 10:35 AM
  Future's the only flower worth tending in this earth, where I sow my words daily: and you know, these good trees bear fruit round the year... - Alamgir Hashmi Quotes soni 0 13 09-15-2017, 10:30 AM