When I so pressingly urge a strict observance of all the laws, let me not be understood as saying there are no bad laws... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:When I so pressingly urge a strict observance of all the laws, let me not be understood as saying there are no bad laws, nor that grievances may not arise, for the redress of which, no legal provisions have been made. I mean to say no such thing. But I do mean to say, that, although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed as soon as possible, still while they continue in force, for the sake of example, they should be religiously observed. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't bring your sand toys to the park. That's another bad move. Because I go to the park, and I'm on the Vicodin and a little weed too... - Al Madrigal Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Last Post: soni
  Understood what the struggle was about. My mother. Couldn't read or write, but she had more sense than many a graduate from Harvard. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 08:20 AM
  Butch, you come from DeWitt Clinton. There are five thousand brothers in that school. You're the best there. You've been all-city two years in a row. How bad can you be? You come with me and we'll make nice music. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 13 08-20-2017, 06:44 PM
  I'm walking every day and just staying kind of fit, and try not to have too many bad habits. Keep it minimal. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:14 PM
  As important as it is to change the light bulbs, its more important to change the laws - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 11 08-17-2017, 09:43 PM