And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid, that on that occasion they do reverently humble themselves... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:And I do further recommend to my fellow-citizens aforesaid, that on that occasion they do reverently humble themselves in the dust, and from thence offer up penitent and fervent prayers and supplications to the great Disposer of events for a return of the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the land which it has pleased him to assign as a dwelling-place for ourselves and for our posterity throughout all generations. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  By travelling across frontiers, on horseback and in the imagination, Montaigne invited us to to exchange local prejudices and the self division they induced for less constraining identities as citizens of the world. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 21 09-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: soni
  I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art! - Al Yankovic Quotes soni 0 6 08-30-2017, 06:43 AM
  It is true that Mr. Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, after which there was a commitment to give 40 acres and a mule... - Al Sharpton Quotes soni 0 10 08-28-2017, 10:11 PM
  At this point in my career, I don't have to deal with audition rejections. So I get my rejection from other things. My children can make me feel rejected. They can humble you pretty quick. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 16 08-24-2017, 09:19 PM
  My fellow Americans, people all over the world, we need to solve the climate crisis, it's not a political issue, it's a moral issue... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM