We better know there is a fire whence we see much smoke rising than we could know it by one or two witnesses swearing to it... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:We better know there is a fire whence we see much smoke rising than we could know it by one or two witnesses swearing to it. The witnesses may commit perjury, but the smoke cannot. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our planet has a rising fever. If the crib catches fire you don't say: 'Hmmm, how fast is that crib going to burn? Has it ever burned before? Is my baby flame retardant?' - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: soni
  Now comes the threat of climate crisis - a threat that is real, rising, imminent, and universal. Once again, it is the 11th hour... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 10:25 PM
  George Bush taking credit for the wall coming down is like the rooster taking credit for the sun rising. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-15-2017, 10:54 PM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win. - Al Davis Quotes soni 0 4 08-09-2017, 10:25 PM