Few can be induced to labor exclusively for posterity; and none will do it enthusiastically. Posterity has done nothing for us... - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Few can be induced to labor exclusively for posterity; and none will do it enthusiastically. Posterity has done nothing for us; and theorize on it as we may, practically we shall do very little for it, unless we are made to think we are at the same time doing something for ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Part of the middle class promise is that, after a lifetime of hard work, you'll be able to retire and enjoy the fruits of that labor. Medicare was established to secure that promise. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Last Post: soni
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 15 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  As far as unwed mothers on welfare are concerned, it seems to me that they must be capable of some other form of labor. - Al Capp Quotes soni 0 13 08-09-2017, 04:32 PM
  As a camel beareth labor, and heat, and hunger, and thirst, through deserts of sand, and fainteth not; so the fortitude of a man shall sustain him through all perils. - Akhenaton Quotes soni 0 16 08-03-2017, 04:17 PM
  Summer-induced stupidity. That was the diagnosis... - Aimee Friedman Quotes soni 0 18 07-26-2017, 03:57 PM