Military necessity does not admit of cruelty - that is, the infliction of suffering for the sake of suffering or for revenge, . . . - Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Quote:Military necessity does not admit of cruelty - that is, the infliction of suffering for the sake of suffering or for revenge, . . . nor of torture to extort confessions. - Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I used to have a military officer travelling with me at all times with a suitcase - referred to as the nuclear football - in case it had to be used. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 25 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  We are close to a time when all of humankind will envision a global agenda that encompasses a kind of Global Marshall Plan to address the causes of poverty and suffering and environmental destruction all over the earth. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-16-2017, 08:14 AM
  During Vietnam, I was in college, enjoying my student deferment. The government wisely felt that, in my case, military service was less important than completing my studies to prepare me for my chosen career: comedian. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-12-2017, 06:21 AM
  You know, Lincoln was funny. I don't think F.D.R. was very funny. But Lincoln was funny. Lincoln was really funny. But I think you should get elected first, and then show that you're funny. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 13 08-11-2017, 07:17 AM
  Without hope of reward Provide help to others. Bear suffering alone, And share your pleasures with beggars. - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 15 08-06-2017, 08:56 PM